The terms used below mean:
1) Customer – any entity making purchases in the Store;
2) User account – an account in the Store launched after the Customer has registered;
3) Cart – a form on the Store’s website that shows the Transmission Services ordered by the Customer;
4) Sharing the transmission – unblocking the transmission by the Seller;
5) Regulations – this document which meets the criteria of art. 8 ustawy z dnia 18 lipca 2002 r. o świadczeniu usług drogą elektroniczną (t.j. Dz. U. z 2019 r. poz. 123, 730);
6) Registration – completing the data by the Customer to set up a User Account;
7) Store – an online store run by the Seller at the Internet address: www.wrrclive.com
8) Seller – Horyzont Tv Słubice sp.z o.o.
ul. Piłsudskiego 17, 69-100 Słubice, NIP: PL598-161-08-28, REGON: 080348726
9) Sales Agreement – an agreement between the Customer and the Seller concluded via the Store regarding the sale of a live broadcast access code
10) Order – the consent of the Customer directly aiming at the conclusion of the Sales Agreement.
§ 2. Preliminary provisions.
1. The entity running the Store is the Seller, who has the following data:
a) POLAND, 69-100 Słubice, ul. Piłsudskiego 17
b) e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
c) telephone number: 0048 516 015 650
d) bank account number:
– EU 49 1090 1115 0000 0001 3254 2610
– PL 44 1090 1115 0000 0001 4369 8379
2. The regulations set out the rules for using the Store.
3. Reading the Regulations and accepting their content is a condition for registering a User Account and placing an Order in the Store.
4.Using the Store requires an electronic device (e.g. desktop, laptop) with Internet access.
5. The Seller has intellectual property rights, in particular rights to the name (company), trademark and copyrights to the website. These rights are protected on the basis of applicable law, and their use by third parties is only possible with the written consent of the Seller.
6. The Seller is not responsible for interruptions in the functioning of the Store due to force majeure, unauthorized operation of third parties or difficulties related to the Store’s incompatibility with technical conditions lying on the side of the device or software used by the Customer.
§ 3. User account.
1.The User Account is created after the Customer completes a Free Registration through the website: www.wrrclive.com. Registration requires the following personal data: country, e-mail address, name and surname
2. After completing the Registration, the Customer immediately receives – to the e-mail address provided by him – confirmation of its completion. At this moment, the User Account becomes active.
3. A User Account is not required to view the Store’s assortment.
4. The user account enables placing orders. The Account collects data and information about the Customer, including Order history. Access to the User Account is secured by an individualized login and password. The choice of password and login is made by the Customer.
5. The Customer is obliged to keep secret the login and password for the User Account. Within the limits of applicable law, he is responsible for all activities related to the use of the login and password.
6. The Seller provides the option to delete a User Account by sending a statement of resignation to the e-mail address: email@example.com. The resignation does not affect the execution of Orders placed via the Account and confirmed by the Seller before the date of receiving the statement of resignation from the account.
§ 4. Ordering the transmission access code
1. Through the Store, the Customer may place Orders for the access code for a specific live broadcast at any time of any day (the Store operates continuously 24 hours a day).
2. The order may relate to one or more access codes.
3. In order to successfully place an Order, select the Access Code in the Store and click “Purchase Access”. Then, it is necessary to take further actions based on the messages and information displayed to the Customer. The customer can modify the selection, add or remove selected access codes from the Cart.
4. Placing an Order means submitting an offer to conclude a Sales Agreement.
5. After placing the Order, the Order confirmation and a summary will be sent to the Customer’s email address. The summary will include:
a) order number
b) Store data, including the exact correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number and bank account;
c) specification of the individual access codes with unit and total price;
d) link to the page where the player is located, where we enter the access code
e) access code, string of numbers that should be copied or entered into the player indicated on the page
§ 5. Prices and payment methods.
1. The prices of access codes are expressed in Polish zlotys (PLN) or in euros (EU) and include VAT.
2. The customer has the option of choosing the following payment methods:
a) electronic payments via the operator:
§ 6. Right to withdraw from the contract. Complaints.
1. The right to withdraw from the Contract expires when the Seller has received the access code by email.
2. If, for reasons not attributable to him, the Customer or the Beneficiary cannot launch using the live transmission code purchased through the Store, there is the possibility of direct contact with the customer service office firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0048 0048516 015 650 to verify problems with starting transmission.
3. The customer also has the right to lodge a complaint in the absence of this transmission on the page where the access code was used. Consideration of the complaint takes place within 14 days from the date of receipt by the Seller of a statement with a complaint.
§ 7. Out-of-court dispute resolution.
1. The Customer has the option of using extrajudicial means of settling all disputes arising from the background of the Order placed in the Store. In particular, he may apply to an amicable consumer court to resolve a dispute arising from the Contract concluded through the Store.
2. Detailed information on out-of-court dispute resolution is available on the website of Urząd Ochrony Konkurencji i Konsumentów (http://www.uokik.gov.pl) and on the website on the European platform for online dispute resolution (ODR) (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr).
§ 8. Other provisions.
1. The possibility of placing Orders in accordance with these Regulations does not exclude the possibility of placing them in a different way, in particular via telephone or e-mail.
3. The Seller reserves the right to amend the Regulations for important reasons, in particular due to changes in applicable law, methods of payment and technical conditions of using the Store – to the extent to which these changes affect the implementation of the provisions of these Regulations. The Seller informs customers about the change by placing relevant information on the Store’s website.
4. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of law shall apply, in particular ust. z dnia 23 kwietnia 1964 r. – Kodeks Cywilny (t.j. Dz. U. z 2019 r. poz. 1145, 1495) and ust. z dnia 30 maja 2014 r. o prawach konsumenta (t.j. Dz. U. z 2019 r. poz. 134, 730, 1495).
MODEL WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
(this form should be completed and returned only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
Horyzont Tv Słubice sp. z o.o.
ul. Piłsudskiego 17,
Customer Service Center: 0048516 015 650
Ja/My(*) niniejszym informuję/informujemy(*) o moim/naszym odstąpieniu od umowy sprzedaży następujących rzeczy(*) umowy dostawy następujących rzeczy(*) umowy o dzieło polegającej na wykonaniu następujących rzeczy(*)/o świadczenie następującej usługi(*)
Data zawarcia umowy(*)/odbioru(*):
Imię i nazwisko konsumenta(-ów):
Podpis konsumenta(-ów) (tylko jeżeli formularz jest przesyłany w wersji papierowej):
Numer Zamówienia/Faktury VAT:(**)
Nazwa zwracanego towaru:(**)
Numer rachunku bankowego:(**)
(*) Niepotrzebne skreślić.
(**) Pola nieobowiązkowe, ale ich wypełnienie przyspieszy zwrot świadczenia